Meet Steven Olmer
Scroll down to watch interview with Steven
Tell us a little bit about yourself and where you are from.
- I grew up in Humphrey, Ne (pop. 780) and love to be outdoors.
What made you choose Forest Institute over other institutions?
- I chose Forest over other institutions because of all the real-life experience I gain from seeing clients at the Murney Clinic.
How does this program compare to your expectations?
- It provided me with more interaction with teachers than I expected.
What surprised you the most about Forest?
- I was most surprised by the level of help and encouragement everyone offered in the Marriage and Family Therapy track.
Are there any particular challenges you’ve encountered?
- The biggest challenge I’ve encountered is finding a balance between school and recreation.
Do you recall a funny story about your experience at Forest?
- I would have to say the time that the grill started on fire when we were having a cookout at Forest was pretty interesting.
Do you have any "words of wisdom” for individuals considering graduate school (or your chosen concentration)?
- Try as many different concentrations and clubs as you can. Finding which one you feel comfortable in makes a big difference and helps keep things interesting.
What do you like most about living in Springfield, Missouri?
- The people in Springfield are genuinely kind and polite. Also there are plenty of nature trails to explore.
What is your favorite restaurant in Springfield?
What is the one thing everyone should do in Springfield, and why?
- Enjoy the all of the parks and explore the paths!
Best thing to do on a cheap date in Springfield?
- On one of my first dates with my fiance who is also going to Forest we went to Bass Pro Shop and just wandered around.