BACB approves Forest ABA Programs
Forest Institute is pleased to announce that the Behavior Analyst Certification Board,
Inc. (BACB) has approved the course sequence as meeting the 270-hour coursework
requirement for taking the Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) examination
and the 180-hour coursework requirement for taking the Board Certified
Assistant Behavior Analyst (BCaBA) examination under the 4th
requirements that will go into effect in 2015.
The Behavior Analyst Certification Board®, Inc. (BACB®) is a
nonprofit 501(c)(3) corporation established in 1998 to meet professional
credentialing needs identified by behavior analysts, governments, and
consumers of behavior analysis services. The BACB adheres to the
national standards for boards that grant professional credentials. The
BACB certification procedures and content undergo regular psychometric
review and validation, pursuant to a job analysis survey of the
profession and standards established by content experts in the field.
The BACB has developed:
- Eligibility Standards to take the BACB Certification Examinations
- Renewal and Recertification Standards to maintain certification
- Guidelines for Responsible Conduct for Behavior Analysts
- Professional Disciplinary Standards with appeal procedures
- A Certificant Registry
- A process to approve university course sequences and practica
- Procedures to approve continuing education providers
- Professionally developed and maintained certification examinations.