Mental Health Therapist
Responsible for coordinating and providing individualized case management, group therapy and bio-psychosocial assessment services including group and family counseling for clients within the facility. The Team Member will demonstrate expertise in case management, development of client resources, vocational counseling, discharge/continuing care planning, and placement of clients. The Therapist has the primary responsibility of maintaining communication with the referral source and other service providers as needed, as well as act as a liaison with the UR Department on all aspects of client care. American Addiction Centers strives to ensure that all of our clients receive the most comprehensive care to address the issues that may impede their recovery.
• Carrying out tasks in the therapeutic care
• Treatment and rehabilitation of chemically dependent persons and/or mental health problems
• Providing, facilitating in, and supervising individual and group counseling
• Working with other social agencies and managed care organizations, hospitals, clinics, courts, prisons and gatekeepers in planning to meet the needs of clients and assist them in utilizing these resources
• Preparing treatment plans, histories, writing letters, making reports and keeping records per licensure regulations
• Encouraging, reassuring and giving needed support
• Recommending educational and occupational training and/or possibilities for placement
• Providing assessment and evaluations based on appropriate criteria
• Provides regular individual, group, and lecture counseling sessions for all clients as required by regulatory agencies and mandated direct service time standards.
• Responsible for submitting timely reports, Initial ASAM, continuum of stays and discharges where appropriate.
• Responsible for writing and submitting clinical summaries for UR one day prior to the review.
• Responsible for completing the master problem list, master treatment plan, master treatment plan reviews, aftercare recommendations, and discharge summaries in a timely manner.
• Provide crisis intervention and referrals for clients in cooperation with the medical department and established agency guidelines.
• Attend, participate, and when necessary, facilitate case consultations, special events, such as seminars, lectures, retreats, trips, workshops, etc.
• Initiates "discharge summaries" & "aftercare plan" during the preliminary sessions with clients and closes client charts completing all required documentation.
• Responsible for special reports and/or projects which may involve case consultation with other counseling and direct care staff
• Responsible for maintaining a valid appropriate professional certificates and credentials
• Attend all staff meetings
• Responsible for creating and supporting a positive, professional, team-oriented, harassment-free work environment by understanding and complying with the Company’s policies, by demonstrating the Company’s competencies, and being a role model for the Company "iCARE" Values.
• Other duties as assigned.
Compensation & Benefits
• Competitive compensation
• Comprehensive Benefit Package
• 401K with match
• Master’s Degree and at least 3 years of experience in Drug and Alcohol Therapy.
• Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist (LMFT) and continue special training in areas of licensure (LMHC, LPCC, LCSW, CAP, etc.) designated by the Supervisor (not intern licensure).
• Two, or more, years of Chemical Dependency and dual diagnosis experience.
• Substance abuse, addictions, mental health, cognitive behavior treatment and motivational interviewing.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Must be able to work overtime, weekends, holidays, and flexible hours.
If in personal recovery, a minimum of 2 years clean and sober.
*Contact Name: Cynthia Bekdache, SPHR
*Contact Phone: Office: 951-894-8623
*Contact Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org Contact Address: Cynthia Bekdache, SPHR Director of Human Resources American Addiction Centers
41640 Corning Place
Murrieta, CA 92562