*Position Title: Director of Support Programming for ASD Campers
*Company Name: Ramapo for Children
*Description of Job and Duties: Description of Camp Ramapo Based on our 250-acre campus in Rhinebeck, New York, Camp Ramapo is a residential summer camp that serves children ages 6 to 16 who are affected by social, emotional, or learning challenges, including children affected by autism spectrum disorders.
Camp Ramapo provides a traditional summer camp experience for children who have difficulty building and maintaining healthy relationships with peers and adults and who would struggle in a less supportive setting. The program is carefully structured to help children with special needs learn to live within a group, form healthy friendships, make good choices, develop self-confidence, and experience success.
Job Title: Director of Support Programming for ASD Campers Reports to: Camp Director Principal Function: To further the goals and outcomes of the camp through the planning and delivery of program activities and events with specific focus on meeting the needs of autistic children. Design and supervise program activities that are safe, fun, and appropriate to the campers’ age and abilities. Supervise all content-related program activity specialists and adapt all other areas of program for all children’s needs. Train and supervise a team of college age staff to help implement the program.
Essential Job Functions:
• Ensure lesson plans are prepared and implemented that meet camp outcomes and the abilities of the campers.
• Evaluate program delivery abilities of staff.
• Deliver progressive program activities.
• Evaluate the success of the program and the development of the campers’ abilities and skills.
• Adapt all special events, program areas, and communal living times for autistic children and children with sensory disorders.
• Coordinate with other members of the leadership team the allocation of staff resources to support autistic children in all camp program activities.
• Oversee the staffing and program activity in the "Camper Retreats”-spaces for campers who need a break from the structure and/or their fellow campers.
• Create camper and group program and activity schedules.
• Develop and supervise staff schedule for programs and activities.
• Collect and evaluate records; report and evaluate camp program and activity areas
• Ensure that camp staff and campers know and follow safety and educational procedures during camp programs.
• Assist in the implementation of staff training.
• Provide guidelines for programs utilizing camp equipment.
• Ensure campers and staff members follow safety procedures in all program areas.
• Assist in the management and care of the physical facilities and equipment in all program areas.
• Oversee daily checks of area and equipment for safety, cleanliness, and good repair.
• Ensure that program areas are kept fee of hazards and debris.
• Supervise and evaluate staff members to develop and implement all facets of camp program activities
• Regularly monitor work of staff members.
• Provide feedback and guidance to Instructors.
• Provide recommendations and concerns to camp director regarding Instructors’ performances.
Other Job Duties:
• Attend leadership staff meetings.
• Maintain clear and positive written and verbal communication with all camp staff.
• Participate enthusiastically in all camp activities, providing support and guidance to those assigned as leaders.
• Participate as a member of the camp leadership staff team to deliver and supervise evening programs, special events, overnights, and other all-camp activities and camp functions
• Provide ongoing program ideas to counseling and activity area staff.
• Provide supervision and management during scheduled late night/evening shifts
Qualifications: (Minimum Qualifications and Experience)
• Experience in administrative roles at similar camp or educational program.
• Experience in the development and delivery of programs and activities for similar population.
• Current instructional certification in program or related experience.
• Current certification or experience in Applied Behavior Analysis or social skills training programs.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Training and experience in teaching program to adults and children.
• Desire and ability to work with children outdoors.
Physical Aspects of the Position:
• Ability to communicate and work with groups participating (age and skill levels) and provide necessary instruction to campers and staff.
• Ability to observe camper behavior, assess its appropriateness, enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures, and apply appropriate behavior-management techniques.
• Ability to observe staff behavior, assess its appropriateness, enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures, and apply appropriate management techniques.
• Visual and auditory ability to identify and respond to environmental and other hazards related to the activity.
• Physical ability to respond appropriately to situations requiring first aid. Must be able to assist campers in an emergency (fire, evacuation, illness, or injury) and possess strength and endurance required to maintain constant supervision of campers.
*Contact Name: Mike Kunin
*Contact Phone: 845-876-8403
*Contact Email Address: email@example.com
Contact Address: PO Box 226
101 Anchorage Trail
Rhinebeck, NY 12572
Special Instructions for Applying: For more information visit us online at www.ramapoforchildren.org
Cover letters and resumes should be submitted to Mike Kunin, firstname.lastname@example.org