to support teaching assistants in the Master's programs.
Deadline: July 23, 2012
Amount of Award: 80% reduction in
tuition, up to $7,000 per fellowship
Advanced standing, defined as students who, by the end
of the Summer 2012 semester, have had two consecutive terms at full-time
enrollment; i.e., 9+ credit hours per semester, since matriculating to Forest
and an earned master’s degree in a related field.
Criteria for Selection:
- Commitment to and interest in facilitating the growth
of knowledge, skills, and attitudes among master’s students.
- Master’s degree in related field, preferably clinical
or counseling psychology.
- Financial need.
- Preference given to students enrolled in the doctoral
program in clinical psychology.
- Evaluation of a professional presentation (students
will be contacted after initial applications are reviewed).
Required for Consideration:
- Completed FEETS Application Form;
- 600+ word written statement expressing the applicant’s commitment
and interest in teaching.
- Two recommendations/ratings from faculty familiar with
the student’s competency.
- Documented financial eligibility for federal student aid; i.e., submission
Recipients of the Teaching Assistantship will be required to
document hours that they contribute and meet regularly with their teaching
assistantship supervisor. Fellowship recipients are expected to
contribute to at least one course per semester, i.e., at least three courses
during the 2012-2013 academic year.