Description: Award to support proposed or ongoing research project.
Deadline: July 23, 2012
of Award: Up
to $1,000 per award
Advanced standing, defined as students who, by the end
of the Summer 2012 semester, have had two consecutive terms at full-time
enrollment; i.e., 9+ credit hours per semester, since matriculating to Forest.
Criteria for Selection:
- Competency in conducting research and potential for
leadership in that area.
- Academic performance while enrolled at Forest.
- Financial need.
- Preference may be given to students enrolled in the
doctoral program in clinical psychology.
Required for Consideration:
- Completed FEETS Application Form;
- Description of project for which student wishes funds
to be applied. An approved thesis or doctoral project proposal will satisfy this requirement. In lieu of this, the student must submit a
400+ word essay describing the project.
- List of costs incurred or expected, including, but not
limited to, consumable supplies, mileage related to study administration,
and/or items intended as thank-you gifts for participants. Durable goods, e.g., equipment, test kits,
etc., remain the property of Forest Institute and must be returned at the
conclusion of the study. Students who
have previously received a Research Award must clearly indicate in their cost
statement the distinct purpose of the requested funds or their application will
not be reviewed. The faculty sponsor for
the research project must sign off on the cost statement.
- One letter of recommendation from a person familiar
with applicant’s competency in the domain of Research and Evaluation.
- Documented financial eligibility for federal student
aid; i.e., submission of FAFSA.